What is an IP address?
Internet Protocol Address or IP address Is an unique address assigned to each device (computer , smartphone ,…) to communicate with another via the Internet. IP address makes different between billions of devices in the world that are connected to internet. IP address consist 4 decimal number and each number ranged from 0 to 255 that separate with dot .Here is an example of IP address :184.108.40.206
What is public IP address?
A public IP address is the address that is assigned to all your local network devices to allow direct access over the Internet. A public IP address is globally unique, and can only be assigned to an unique device.Below are a few websites that can identify your public IP address. Just open one on your computer or phone to have it display the internet address:
What is private IP address?
A private IP address is the address that allocated to every device on a local network when they want to communicate with the router and other devices.
How to Find your IP Address on Mac
On Apple Mac devices, local IP addresses can be found in two ways.
The first way is:
- From the Apple menu pull down “System Preferences”
- Click on the “Network” preference pane
- see the IP address listed under “Status”.
The other way is:
- opening up the “Terminal program”
- type ”ifconfig” at the prompt
How to find your IP address in windows
- Click on Start Menu and select Run
- Type ”cmd” and click ”OK”
- Type ”ipconfig” at the prompt
How to find your IP address on Linux?
- Open Terminal in list of applications
- Enter this command: “ip addr show”
- IP address is listed after “inet”.