What are advantages of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
What are advantages of DHCP
What is DHCP? DHCP is a network protocol that provide a server to automatically assign an IP address to a computer from a specific extent of numbers. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol get requests an IP address other IP information like default gateways and the IP addresses of WINS (Windows Internet Name Service) and DNS (Domain Name System) servers. from a router. after which the host assigns an available IP address to permit the client to communicate on the network. When client pc choose any IP from DHCP server then client pc request for selected IP to DHCP server then DHCP server enable that IP to user pc and both send verification to each other. Now we want learn about What are advantages of DHCP:
- Networks with lots of DHCP clients can use DHCP.
- You don’t need to configure manually clients with an IP address. And also no necessary for keeping records of the IP address that you have assigned.
- If you want to change client to another subnet you can automatically assign new address. However, when you first boot up there you can’t get back the IP address you had at your former location irrespective of how little time has passed.
- Clients also can use DHCP to get the data that is needed to boot from a server instead of using RARP (Reverse Address Resolution Protocol)
- DHCP can find anauthorised DHCP for another server.
- The repetition of address also omitt automatically and you don’t need to do it manually.
- You can support for BOOTP clients and you can also transfer your networks from BOOTP to DHCP.