How to setup L2TP VPN for Windows 7
First Option (Recommended): Auto Setup
You can download the L2TP VPN connection for windows from the link below and follow the steps to run the connection in a second.
Second Option: Manual Setup
or Setup L2TP VPN windows 7 manually like the following guide.
Open Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel. Then choose “Set up a new connection or network”.
Click on “Connect to a workplace”.
Select “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)”.
- Enter server information, In the text box labeled “Internet address” type VPN server, you can visit the list of VPN servers here
- In the text box labeled “Destination name” type ‘SaturnVPN’.
- Make sure that the checkbox labeled “Don’t connect now, just set it up so I can connect later” is checked. Then click the “Next” button.
Enter your SaturnVPN username and password. If you haven’t purchased the account yet, you can use the test account to test our services, Click here.
In the text box labeled “User name”, enter SaturnVPN username. In the text box labeled “Password”, enter your SaturnVPN password. Optionally, check the “Remember this password” checkbox and you won’t have to enter your password when you connect to SaturnVPN. Then, click the “Create” button.
Configure L2TP VPN Windows 7
Click on the network card, you see the SaturnVPN connection. Right-click on the “SaturnVPN” connection (the VPN connection just created) and choose “Properties”.
When the property window opens, click on the “Security” tab.
- Change “Type of VPN” to “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)”.
- Change Data Encryption to “Optional encryption (connect even if no encryption)”.
- From the “Allow these Protocols” part: Uncheck all the protocols and check the “Challenge HandShake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)”.
- Click on “Advanced settings”.
Check “Use preshared key for authentication” and type in the text box “90807060“.
Then click “Ok”.
If you want to change the server, click on the “General” tab and select another server from this link.
Now Click “OK”.
Connect to L2TP VPN windows 7
Click on “Connect”.
Enter your SaturnVPN username and password, click “Connect”.
You’re connected now!
To disconnect L2TP VPN, right-click on the connection and click “Disconnect”.