Setup PPTP VPN on Mac OS X
To setup a PPTP VPN on Mac, first, open the “System Preferences” by going to the Apple menu. Next, click on the “Network”.
In the “Network”, there is a list of network connections on the left side. Click on the “+” icon (highlighted in red) to make a new connection for the VPN.
- In the “Interface” popup menu select “VPN”
- In the “VPN Type” popup menu select “PPTP”
- In “Service Name” text box ,type “SaturnVPN”
- Click on “Create”.
Now click on the “Configuration” popup menu and select “Add Configuration”.
In the text box labeled “Name” enter “SaturnVPN-PPTP”.
- In “Server Address”, enter one of SaturnVPN server addresses. You can see the list of PPTP server addresses here
- In “Account Name”, enter your SaturnVPN account username. If you haven’t purchased an account yet, you can use a free VPN test account.
- Select “None” for “Encryption”
- Click on the “Authentication Settings”.
In this window enter your SaturnVPN account password and click “OK”.Then click on “Advanced”.
For the VPN to work effectively, the “Send all traffic over VPN connection” checkbox should be checked. Then click “OK” to finish advanced settings.
Click on the “Apply” button. Then click on “Connect” to connect to the VPN.
When you want to connect to the VPN, you can either choose the VPN configuration from the VPN menu or select your VPN connection in the connection list and click the “Connect” button.