How to setup PPTP VPN for Windows 8 / 8.1
First Option (Recommended): Auto Setup
You can download the PPTP VPN connection for windows from the link below and follow the steps to run the connection in a second.
Second Option: Manual Setup
or Setup PPTP VPN windows 8 / 8.1 manually like the following guide.
create PPTP VPN connection windows 8
To set up PPTP VPN windows 8, first open Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel. Then choose “Set up a new connection or network”.
Click on “Connect to a workplace”.
Select “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)”.
- In the text box labeled “Internet address” type VPN server, you can visit the list of VPN servers here
- In the text box labeled “Destination name” type ‘SaturnVPN’.
- Click on the “Create” button.
Configure PPTP VPN windows 8
You should edit a SaturnVPN PPTP connection that you have already configured. you can see SaturnVPN PPTP connection on “Network”.
Right-click on the network area, and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
Click on “Change Adapter Settings”.
Right–Click on the SaturnVPN connection that you have already configured, and choose “Properties” from the menu.
You can change the server address in the “General” tab. You can find a list of PPTP VPN servers here.
In the “Security” tab:
- Change “Type of VPN” to “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”.
- Change Data Encryption to “Optional Encryption(Connect even if no encryption)”.
- Allow these Protocols part: Uncheck all the protocols and check the “Challenge HandShake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)”.
Then click “Ok”.
Connect to PPTP VPN windows 8
The PPTP VPN connection is now ready to use, click on the “Connect” button.
Now enter your SaturnVPN username and password, then click on “OK”.If you haven’t purchased an account yet, you can use a free VPN test account.
You’re connected now!
To disconnect PPTP VPN, click on the connection and click “Disconnect”.