What is an IP address?
Internet Protocol Address or IP address Is a unique address assigned to each device (computer, smartphone,…) to communicate with another via the Internet. IP address makes difference between billions of devices in the world that are connected to the internet. An IP address consists of 4 decimal numbers and each number ranged from 0 to 255 that separate with a dot. You will learn how to find your IP address
What is a public IP address?
A public IP address is an address that is assigned to all your local network devices to allow direct access over the Internet. A public IP address is globally unique, and can only be assigned to a unique device. Check your public IP address on this page:
What is a private IP address?
A private IP address is an address that is allocated to every device on a local network when they want to communicate with the router and other devices.
How to Find your IP Address on Mac
On Apple Mac devices, local IP addresses can be found in two ways.
The first way is:
- From the Apple menu pull down “System Preferences”
- Click on the “Network” preference pane
- see the IP address listed under “Status”.
The other way is:
- opening up the “Terminal program”
- type ”ifconfig” at the prompt
How to find your IP address in windows
- Click on Start Menu and select Run
- Type ”cmd” and click ”OK”
- Type ”ipconfig” at the prompt
How to find your IP address on Linux
- Open Terminal in the list of applications
- Enter this command: “ip addr show”
- The IP address is listed after “inet”.
This article has updated on February 2022 by SaturnVPN.