Setup L2TP VPN on Mac OS X
To setup L2TP VPN on Mac, first, open the “System Preferences” by going to the Apple menu. Next, click on the “Network”.
In the “Network”, there is a list of network connections on the left side. Click on the “+” icon (highlighted in red) to make a new connection for the VPN.
- In “Interface” popup menu select “VPN”
- In “VPN Type” popup menu select “L2TP over IPSec”
- In “Service Name” text box ,type “SaturnVPN”
- Click on “Create”
Click on the “Configuration” popup menu and select “Add Configuration”.
In the text box labeled “Name” enter “SaturnVPN-L2TP”.
- In “Server Address”, enter one of SaturnVPN server addresses. You can see the list of L2TP server addresses here
- In “Account Name”, enter your SaturnVPN account username. If you haven’t purchased an account yet, you can use a free VPN test account.
- Click on the “Authentication Settings”.
- Enter your SaturnVPN account password
- Enter Shared Secret: 90807060
- Click “OK”.
- Then click on “Advanced”.
- check the “Send all traffic over VPN connection”.
- check the “Use verbose logging” option
- Then click “OK” to finish advanced settings.
Click on the “Apply” button to save the configuration. Then click on “Connect” to connect to the VPN.
When you want to connect to the VPN, you can either choose the VPN configuration from the VPN menu or select your VPN connection in the connection list and click the “Connect” button.
If you have any problem to setup L2TP VPN on Mac please visit related pages: